Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

A thump in the evening

September 25, 2012 (Catching up)

Sitting at home about 7:30 PM watching television in the Family Room, when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, and then there was a loud thud against the window of the patio door. I glanced to the window and did not see anything. Now our patio has a cover over it (see posts from months ago) so I did not think it was flying debris, so I looked out the window of the door, did not see anything until I looked down. There was the cause of the noise, an Owl had tried to fly through the window. Where it thought it was going, I don't know.

Was it dead? Should I open the door? I knew that I needed to put the Dog Door cover on so that Annie would not run through it on her way out side. After putting the Dog Door cover on, I heard a rustling sound, looked out side and the little Owl had gotten up and was standing by the patio furniture.

How long he stayed there I don't know. But, he was gone a couple hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment