Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Long Beach, CA with Photos

The last time I was in Long Beach, CA was in 2005 for the same conference - the National Emergency Number Association Annual Conference and Trade Show. Did not spend much time walking around in 2005.
This time I had a little more time, and the weather was great, so I took a walk. From the hotel room window I could see a Lighthouse in the distance. I have taken pictures of Lighthouses in several coastal states and I was not going to pass up this opportunity.
This Lighthouse gives some terrific views of the Long Beach skyline -


In addition this spot overlooks (though still a ways away) the Queen Mary, which permanently docked here in about 1967.
Getting to the Lighthouse requires a walk through the Shoreline Village area that includes Bubba Gumps, the Aquarium and other shops and a marina.


There is a lot to do and see in Long Beach. But the lighthouse, known as the "Lions Lighthouse For Sight" and dedicated in December of 2000 was my point of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment